Production Supervisor - 12-hour nights
The Production Supervisor is a member of the Wafer PREP Operations Team reporting directly to the Department's Manufacturing Manager. The primary role of the Production Supervisor is to lead and direct all Wafer PREP production operations. The Production Supervisor is accountable and responsible for managing departmental safety, environmental controls, development of production employees, plant production including quality control, protection of equipment, and departmental cost controls.
Oversee all aspects of shift production operations:
- Manage operations ensuring consistent output and with continuous improvement toward key department metrics.
- Manage performance and development of the production team.
- Assure operators are trained and process protocols are being followed.
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields.
- Work with equipment engineering to provide highest possible uptime.
- Plan staffing requirements in support of business objectives.
- Support R&D as a customer for product/process development.
- Reduce cycle times.
- Pro-actively ensure Quality System compliance.
- AS Degree.
- 2 years of experience in a Science, Technology or Manufacturing company OR 2 years of management experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Strong data analysis skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of managing many priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must have the ability to get things done and utilize company resources effectively.
- BS Degree in a Technology, Engineering or General Management Field.
- 5 - 8 years manufacturing leadership experience.
- Semiconductor manufacturing management experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Cree Materials Operations
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top