Cree/Wolfspeed is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on Production Planner to join our team in RTP, North Carolina. This person will direct weekly and daily production output sufficient to meet marketing requirements, customer demand, and result in appropriate inventory stocking levels in a dynamic and challenging environment. Reporting to the Production Control Manager, this position is highly cross functional and will work collaboratively with functions including:
- Sales & Marketing
- Customer Service
- Research and Development
You will plan, schedule and monitor the production cycle at Wolfspeed, resolving discrepancies, and ensuring production schedules are met and non-conformances or variances are understood, highlighted, and minimized.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
This role is within a fast-paced semiconductor environment, which processes new technology silicon carbide semiconductor wafers into individual die for direct customer sales and assembly operations. The opportunity exists to plan and deploy all resources to successfully execute customer deliveries. This role and the associated responsibilities are expected to expand with forecast expansion of the business over the next 12-24 months.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Contribute to the development, analysis, and revision of build plans.
- Supervise and manage all activities related to shipments to the packagers
- Contribute to order acknowledgement and re-acknowledgement for customer pull in and push out requests.
- Monitor production and maintain all systems to ensure plan integrity. Analyze and address issues caused by order backlog, capacity constraints, materials shortages, and other potential schedule interruptions.
- Accomplish 100% on-time delivery through effective weekly closed-loop production planning
- Closely manage and control inventory at every level of production
- Interact with different functions of the organization for inputs and outputs of the planning process
- Contribute to the implementation of the new MRP system
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of planning and forecasting experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office especially with Microsoft Excel.
- Proven experience in MRP systems, preferably using Oracle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a “whatever it takes” attitude.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Degree in Engineering
- Experience with the dynamics that drive the supply chain in manufacturing contexts and Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process strongly preferred.
- APICS certification
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top