Product Yield Enhancement Engineer
The primary focus of this position is to drive yield improvement on existing and new products, technologies, and processes along with improved quality through entire LED Chips manufacturing line (epitaxial growth, wafer fabrication, and package/test). A successful candidate will take customer feedback and inline testing results to drive improvements in the process and continuous quality improvement.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Take leadership role to establish relationships between multiple manufacturing sites and engineering departments to drive corrective actions tied to quality improvements
- Present technical data and sensitive information to customers and internal management describing project status and improvement plans
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations of process engineering
- Travel occasionally to various manufacturing sites and customer facilities to drive quality improvement and customer satisfaction
- Lead and facilitate cross functional teams to implement next generation products. This includes coordinating activities among the various LED Chips engineering departments.
- Interface with marketing, process, R&D, and reliability engineering to drive quality initiatives and maintain best in class outgoing quality
- BS in Engineering
- 3 years recent experience as a Product, Process, or Integration Engineer in a semiconductor environment
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in Fabrication and backend testing
- Proficient at technical writing and presentations
- MS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years work experience as a Product, Process, or Integration Engineer in a semiconductor environment
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience
- Computer programming experience with SQL, JMP, MS Access, or similar database and analysis software
- Ability to interface with people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong track record of effective problem-solving, good engineering judgment and decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Strong drive to produce results in a timely fashion and have strong sense of competitive urgency
- Willing and able to travel internationally (2-3 times / year)
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top