Product Support Engineering Technician
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains and updates existing bills of materials, reference documents, and electronic documentation.
- Creates new bills of materials for standard product and custom special requests as needed.
- Acts as liaison between Engineering, Operations Support and Manufacturing to ensure accurate assembly.
- Troubleshoots problems with existing products and modifies products accordingly, with help from supervisor or more senior Product Support Engineers/Engineering Specialists.
- Reviews assigned product lines looking for ways to reduce cost by part or process redesign.
- Creates and processes Engineering change documentation.
- Assists with updating and maintaining marketing literature and adobe documents including wiring diagrams and manufacturing work instructions.
- Works with Operations Support, Manufacturing and scheduling team to determine alternate assembly methods when parts shortages exist.
- Evaluates impact of proposed product changes and adherence to compliance standards.
- Creates, modifies, and maintains drawings associated with assigned product families.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-2 years 3D modeling experience, preferably using SolidWorks
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) - General Computer Expertise
- Self-Starter who thrives in a fast-paced Engineering environment
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top