Product Marketing Manager - Outdoor
Product Marketing Manager – Outdoor Lighting
The Cree LED Lighting division is growing rapidly, introducing new industry-leading solid-state lighting products to expand our portfolio. The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and launching next generation LED lighting products that will rapidly drive LED adoption. Other responsibilities include marketing collateral and material development, webinars, market research planning, sales aids development, POP materials development and distribution. This position reports to the Vice President of Product Marketing for Outdoor Lighting and works closely with the Sales group ensuring that Cree LED Lighting has the right product portfolio and positioning.
This role is located in our Lighting Division at Cree's headquarters in Durham, NC, however we are willing to consider candidates that live in Racine, WI. If you’re an experienced Product Management professional, now is your chance to join the LED Lighting Revolution!
- Manage complete product lifecycle from product concept to product end of life.
- Personally manage 1-2 large product launches concurrently in addition to other projects.
- Successfully launch products that will enable Cree LED Lighting to achieve sales growth targets.
- Become an expert in the assigned lighting applications and verticals as well as manage overall product portfolio.
- Actively engage with sales at acquiring “Voice of the Customer,” feedback.
- Develop and deliver effective marketing materials and sales tools.
- Drive deliverables and deadlines within a predictable timeframe.
- Manage the forecasting, growth and profitability of the assigned product portfolio
- BA/BS in engineering, marketing, or related field.
- 7+ years Lighting experience (LED preferred).
- 5+ years technical product management experience (Lighting preferred).
- Superior project management skills ensuring deadlines are met.
- Strong cross functional team management skills.
- Ability to grasp technology quickly.
- Effective writing, communication and leadership skills.
- Capable of gaining consensus across a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives.
- MBA or advanced business degree
- 7+ years product management and product portfolio experience.
- LED Lighting Fixture experience and technical expertise.
- Experience with advertising agencies and creative development.
- Consumer research experience in gathering the “Voice of the consumer."
- Ability to maintain organization and set priorities.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top