Product Marketing Manager (Materials)
The Product Marketing Manager - Wolfspeed Materials is primarily responsible for technical marketing of Wolfspeed’s Materials product line. Focus for the position is on the global market, customers and working with internal technical organizations and in conjunction with outside sales to translate technical requirements to and from the company.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
SiC & GaN bare wafer and epitaxial technology is the core for advanced device designs for both Power and RF applications. This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and detail to breakdown the traditional way of doing things and find new and innovative ways to solve problems. The right candidate could have a significant impact in the next product platform innovations that are introduced into the market. The position interacts directly with the power device design companies in the industry and our material scientists, operations personnel and commercial sales to deliver the right products that customers are looking for.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans
- Lead technical presentations with customers on technical issues
- Manage through quality issues with customers and synchronize with internal organization
- Awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer and publication review
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Work with sales on product specifications for special business opportunities
- Portfolio management from market launch through obsolescence of all bare and epitaxial wafers
- Interface with R&D, NPI engineering, Production (OPS) and Applications to build and sustain product line
- New product roadmap understanding and initial product definition, definition of formal product plan
- Generation and distribution of sales tools, application notes and/or technical guidelines
- Field and customer training, establish ongoing methodology and process
- Understand cost models to support product pricing strategies
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Materials Science
- 8+ years of semiconductor product marketing and applications
- Good general knowledge of both the sales and product manufacturing processes
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Strong analytical skills and experience
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Materials Science and/or MBA
- Experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Experience with new product launch and new business development
- Understanding and implementation of multiple marketing tools and approaches
- Understanding of basic semiconductor device technology and assembly
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top