Product Marketing Manager
Are you someone who is self-motivated – has the ability to think outside the box – can work in fast pace environments? – Develop original messaging and campaigns – And have product experience too? If so, let’s talk.
We are looking for a Product Marketing Manager (PMM) who can help us develop an expanded product and service strategy that can double our revenue in the next 2-3 years. The ideal candidate for this role is a motivated, analytical and creative professional with a deep understanding of product marketing in a B2B e-commerce organization. The PMM should possess extensive experience in product messaging, positioning and competitive analysis. Familiarity with LED lighting or direct marketing of products to electrical contractors is a plus.
- Competitive and market knowledge, product positioning and messaging. The Product Marketing Manager will seek out & implement knowledge of the market, the product, the value proposition and the key messaging for external communications and sales readiness. The key deliverables will include identification of product category and channel competitors, monitoring and reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) for competitiveness, and identification of opportunities to build and communication clear competitive advantage for e-conolight products.
- Work with the brand leaders in the Marketing Communications organization to define go-to-market strategies around product and service offerings. This may include target strategies, outreach and ongoing engagement strategies. Ensure the proper marketing materials, collateral and tools are available to articulate our product value proposition, and satisfy customer needs.
- Work with product management team to develop, establish, and maintain comprehensive growth plans for product offering targeted at increasing our customer count, frequency of purchase and competitive share of wallet.
- Evaluate and provide timely commercial decisions and support when required. (Including but not limited to New Product Development, promotional pricing, regional nuances, end-of-life, slow moving inventory and all factors affecting the successful management of the product life-cycle and business growth.
- Work cross functionally with Marcom, Customer Service, and Supply Chain, to ensure the right products are being marketed at the right time, with the right channel and towards the right customer.
- Assis t in developing the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand for products
- Collaborates with product management in the development of the product Roadmap to provide ramped growth for the company.
- Constantly keeps abreast of developments in the lighting market, including market & application trends, technology, regulatory requirements, etc. Activities include attendance of industry conferences and seminars, activity in industry committees and participating with customer focus groups.
- React to product-focused customer inquiries, address customer service needs, and facilitate product introductions.
- Direct the definition, development, and implementation of all marketing collateral to support new product launches, product upgrades, and existing products as required.
What you need for success:
- A bachelor's degree (business, communications, or marketing)
- 5+ years’ experience in a product marketing
- Proven successful project management skills, ability to interact and influence all levels of the organization, and handle a variety of projects in support of the region and the customer.
- Strong word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to work across department lines to influence and build consensus
- Excellent communication, planning, prioritizing and organizing skills
- Able to contribute to definition of strategic vision and to articulate it in front of internal and external audiences
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top