Product Manager - LED Products
This Product Manager position will be responsible for the product management of one or more products within Cree’s existing and expanding portfolio of LED products, focusing on components and modules. This includes product strategy definition, market requirements analysis, business case development, product positioning, pricing as well as managing and monitoring the overall product lifecycle and business plans. This role works closely with engineering, operations and sales.
- Manage product lifecycle from new product concept and launch through obsolescence
- Define and maintain the product strategy, positioning and roadmap
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target markets & applications, forecast and business plans
- Develop and execute a pricing strategy to meet revenue and margin targets
- Run beta and lead customer programs with early-stage prototypes and samples
- Work with third parties to ensure a complete solution to meet customer requirements
- Lead customer engagement, presentations and seminars
- Work with product marketing and corporate marketing to launch products
- Participate as product spokesperson in analyst and press engagement and conferences
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Work with sales on pricing and product specifications for special business opportunities
- Review product sales forecasts and key accounts
- Continuously monitors product or product line units, distribution, ASP, and revenue & margin performance against pre-determined quarterly objectives
- Interface with engineering, operations and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering + Coursework in Sales/Marketing
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and is subject to a United States government security screening
- 5+ years of product management or product marketing experience
- MS in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- 8+ years of relevant product management or marketing experience in LEDs, General Lighting or other semiconductor component technology
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching new products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Good general knowledge of both the sales and product manufacturing processes
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self Motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top