Cree is seeking an experienced Product Manager who will be responsible for product management of Cree’s expanding portfolio of Automotive LED components. This includes market analysis, product definition, business case development, product positioning, customer engagement, pricing as well as managing and monitoring the overall product lifecycle and business plans. This person will work closely with engineering, operations and sales. Success will be measured by the implementation of the roadmap and the growth in revenue and profitability of the product line.
- Managing core aspects of the product for the full lifecycle (product concept to obsolescence) – market opportunity, core value proposition, roadmap, product launch, product collateral, design tools and pricing
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) as well as new internal processes
- Engage lead customers and manage early-stage prototypes, samples and support other design-in activity in coordination with sales
- Develop and execute a pricing strategy to meet revenue and margin targets
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Work with sales on pricing and product specifications for special business opportunities
- Continuously monitor product or product line metrics against pre-determined quarterly objectives. Provide relevant reports as needed
- Interface with engineering, operations and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products
- LED Lighting product experience, ideally in automotive Tier 1, OEM or semiconductor supplier
- Analytical skills to assess both technical and commercial trade-off decisions
- Necessary communications skills and experience to be able to effectively engage and manage product expectations at the customer.
- Ability and judgement to prioritize activities to achieve overall goals in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- An “Ownership” mindset where you feel responsible for overall success of your product
- At least 5 years of experience in product management for technical products
- BS in a technical field, advanced engineering degree and/or MBA preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top