The Product Manager position will be responsible for the product management of one or more products within Cree’s existing and expanding portfolio of LED products, focusing on LED components. This includes product strategy definition, market requirements analysis, business case development, product positioning, pricing as well as managing and monitoring the overall product lifecycle and business plans. This role works closely with product engineering, operations and sales.
- Manage product lifecycle from new product concept and launch through obsolescence
- Define and maintain the product strategy, positioning and roadmap
- Develop Market Requirement Documents (MRDs) and Product Requirement Documents (PRDs) with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target markets & applications, forecast and business plans
- Develop and execute a pricing strategy to meet revenue and margin targets
- Run beta and lead customer programs with early-stage prototypes and samples
- Work with third parties to ensure a complete solution to meet customer requirements
- Lead customer engagement, presentations and seminars
- Work with product marketing and corporate marketing to launch products
- Participate as product spokesperson in analyst and press engagement and conferences
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Work with sales on pricing and product specifications for special business opportunities
- Review product sales forecasts and key accounts
- Continuously monitors product or product line units, distribution, ASP, and revenue & margin performance against pre-determined quarterly objectives
- Interface with engineering, operations and sales to develop new products or enhance existing products
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Mechanical Engineering + Coursework in Sales/Marketing
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and is subject to a United States government security screening
- Previous product management or product marketing experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- MS in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- 8+ years of relevant product management or marketing experience in LEDs, General Lighting or other semiconductor component technology
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching new products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Good general knowledge of both the sales and product manufacturing processes
- Self Motivator with strong drive to achieve business objectives
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top