The Product Manager – Discrete Power Products is responsible for the success of a family of Wolfspeed’s discrete power semiconductor products. Primary responsibility is to drive new product strategy and development for Wolfspeed’s market-leading portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFETs or Schottky diodes. Focus for the position is on the global market, customers and working with internal technical organizations and in conjunction with global sales and distribution to translate technical requirements into new products that enable the next generation of electric vehicles, solar power installations, energy-efficient data centers and other high-power applications.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
This position requires a candidate with the creativity, vision and detail to breakdown the traditional way of doing things and find innovative ways to solve problems. The position interacts directly with lead customers, device scientists, operations personnel and sales to commercialize products and win new business opportunities.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Identify market needs and translate to specific product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans.
- Ownership of new product strategy and roadmap for understanding and initial product definition, definition of formal product plan through qualification and launch.
- Interface with R&D, NPI engineering, Production and Applications to build and sustain product line.
- Awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer, competitive activity and publication review.
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market.
- Generation of product specific collateral and tools.
- Work directly with lead customers and sales to win special business opportunities.
- Understand cost models to support product pricing strategies & business case.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device technology and assembly
- Strong understanding of power semiconductor testing, qualification and reliability
- Strong understanding of power semiconductor applications
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Strong analytical skills and experience
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree and/or MBA
- 5+ years’ experience in Field Applications Engineering
- Extensive experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Extensive experience with new product launch and new business development
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top