Product Management Director
Discrete Product Management Director - Wolfspeed Power is responsible for overall technical product management of Wolfspeed’s power semiconductor discrete product line. Primary responsibility is leading the discrete product management team to drive new product strategy and development for Wolfspeed’s market-leading portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) discrete MOSFET’s and Schottky diodes. Focus for the position is on the global market, customers and working with internal technical organizations and in conjunction with marketing, global sales and distribution to translate technical requirements into new discrete power products that will grow the Wolfspeed revenues.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
SiC Discrete Power is the backbone of our business and the products enable multiple applications across all our target market segments. This position requires an outstanding candidate to lead and inspire a team with the creativity, vision and detail to breakdown the traditional way of doing things and find new and innovative ways to solve problems. The right candidate will have accountability and ownership of the next discrete product platform innovations that are introduced into the market. This management position interacts directly with the power conversion system design companies in the industry and our device scientists, operations personnel, marketing and commercial sales to deliver the right products that customers are looking for. We have worked hard to be the market leader and we intended to keep driving and pushing the boundaries of technology to progress our industry forwards.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Through outstanding leadership inspire a dedicated team to outperform already high expectations.
- Identify market needs and translate to specific product requirements for new product development with prioritized features, corresponding justification, target market applications and business plans
- Ownership of new product strategy and roadmap for understanding and initial product definition, definition of formal product plan through qual and launch
- Interface with wolfspeed management, R&D, NPI engineering, Production (OPS) and Applications to build and sustain product line
- Awareness of market trends and directions from voice of customer, competition activity and publication review
- Be an expert on competitor’s capabilities and product positioning in the market
- Generation of product specific collateral and tools.
- Work with Marketing and sales for special business opportunities
- Understand cost models to support product pricing strategies & business cases
What you need for success:
- Proven leadership track record
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical engineering
- 5+ years of semiconductor industry experience
- Strong understanding of semiconductor device technology and assembly
- Strong understanding of power semiconductor testing, qualification and reliability
- Strong understanding of power semiconductor applications
- Good general knowledge of both power sales, Power markets and customer base
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Strong verbal, written & presentation communications skills
- Willingness to travel regularly, including internationally as necessary
- Self-motivated with strong drive to achieve business objectives
- Ability to blend the technical and commercial to deliver a balanced approach to problems
- Strong analytical skills and experience
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering and/or MBA
- 5+ years experience in Field Applications Engineering
- Extensive experience supporting customers, direct sales and distribution sales partners
- Extensive experience with new product launch and new business development
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top