Product Engineering Manager, Indoor Troffers, Downlights and Track Lights
The Development Manager – Platform will lead a team of R&D Engineers within Cree Lighting in a role than spans between advanced R&D and operations teams. They will be responsible for providing technical and project leadership with a focus on creating strategies, owning projects and meeting commitments to drive industry-leading innovative products into the market. We are looking for someone who has a passion for innovation with an entrepreneurial mindset; someone who enjoys taking ownership and making decisions with a keen attention to details. This person will be someone who gets excited by the hands-on benefit of walking the product line while having the broad scale thinking, insatiable curiosity and technical abilities to push the new technology platforms to the next level in order to drive the industry forward.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide you the opportunity to participate as a leader in a growing multi-billion dollar industry that is delivering products which improve the country’s energy efficiency, improve work place environmental quality and health and are creating a digital platform to support the realization of the internet of things (IoT).
- You will further develop your leadership and management skills given the freedom to make decisions that affect the fastest growing division within Cree.
- You will have the opportunity to develop people, create teams, drive change and work with like-minded individuals focused on solving problems and growing a business.
- Enjoy all the financial benefits that come with the success of an established, but growing high-tech company.
What can you do for Cree?
- Help drive our future success in the next revolution in solid state lighting!
- Work with product marketing in development of product roadmap. Develop and execute on a strategy that delivers to that roadmap meeting timing, budget and performance requirements.
- Be responsible for working with the marketing team and establishing product specification and assuring products are in compliance with specification.
- Plan, develop and allocate appropriate engineering resources for projects and provide scheduling, resource planning and capital equipment budget plans.
- Support efforts to indentify new suppliers. Work closely with supply chain and quality to evaluate and qualify new suppliers.
- Interface and communicate with internal customers to develop strong relationships supporting a team environment.
- Drive and continuously improve the New Product Introduction (NPI) Process.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s in Engineering.
- 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in product development.
- 10+ years of managing a team of engineers in a growth technology environment.
- Proven track record delivering complex products that require close cross functional collaboration
- Ability to effectively manage multiple R&D development projects simultaneously.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving skills with initiative and drive to work around technical or organizational obstacles.
- Ability to solve problems, move boundaries make decisions and take risks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Willing and open to some travel - both domestic and international.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Engineering
- Experience designing Solid State LED Lighting products.
- Past experience as an Engineering Director within a Lighting Company.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top