Product Engineer Manufacturing - Power Modules
We currently have a job vacancy for a Senior Product Engineer - Manufacturing for our Power Modules group. Part of our high power and RF products business unit, this job is located in Durham, NC.
As a Senior Engineer in the New Product Introduction Group, you will be responsible for the evaluation and qualification of all new products for Cree’s line of silicon carbide MOSFET power modules. You will be responsible for the generation of specifications, complete documentation of the final product, and qualification of new products to JEDEC guidelines. Close interaction with the Marketing team is required at all phases of the product introduction process, from the initial product definition through the final phase of the product release.
- Manage all new power module NPI products through the formal Gate Review process
- Own and maintain the schedule for new product introductions, from concept phase through market release
- Coordinate product flow through fab and test in conjunction with R&D scientists and engineers.
- Schedule all NPI qualification lots through the assembly process
- Ensure product qualification per JEDEC guidelines
- Schedule and manage all qualification testing and failure analysis in conjunction with the Reliability team
- Manage handoff from R&D to Operations after successful completion of NPI and deliver all required documentation for launch
- Data sheet generation in conjunction with the Applications Engineering team
- Deliver product launch on schedule and coordinate release details in conjunction with the Marketing team
- Expertise in power module or power semiconductor packaging assembly process and issues related to high volume manufacturing.
- Understanding of Reliability tests needed for qualification including HTGB, HTRB, Temperature Cycling, IOL, and Power cycling including defects which drive failures, potential root causes and remedies for successful qualification.
- Power MOSFET and Schottky diode semiconductor device physics knowledge
- Project management expertise involving multiple simultaneous programs
- Bachelors degree in physics, engineering or closely related field
- At least 5 years of industry experience in power modules or power semiconductor packaging and assembly.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Prior experience qualifying power modules into industrial or automotive applications
- 5 years of industry experience as a product engineer
- Data analysis experience with JMPÔ software or similar software
- Problem solving and problem resolution skills including 8D, FMEA, DOE, ANOVA.
- Six sigma training and experience
At Cree, we’re a little obsessed. We’re fascinated by how things work and how we can make them work better. Our products enable systems that are more powerful and efficient than previously thought possible, because we’re constantly looking for ways to push past the limits of today’s technology.
Our devices are built on silicon carbide, a material that has vastly expanded the capabilities of electronic components. Our power division is the world’s leading manufacturer of silicon-carbide Schottky diodes and MOSFETs for efficient power conversion. These devices provide increased efficiency, higher switching frequency and reduced system size and weight in a variety of applications, including power supplies and solar inverters.
Our RF division is a proven leader in high performance and reliable gallium-nitride components for wireless amplifiers. We fabricate transistors and MMICs that drastically reduce overall energy consumption. Our wide-band, RF-operating semiconductors enable enhanced performance while reducing the number of required amplifiers. Our RF group supports several applications including wireless infrastructure, RADAR and defense technologies.
We’re looking for bright minds and passionate hearts to help us build a more powerful and energy-efficient world.
Back to top