Product Engineer Manufacturing - Guadalajara, MX
Cree currently has a job vacancy for a Product Engineer, Manufacturing in our Lighting Manufacturing group in Guadalajara, Mexico.
This person will be a self-motivated, hands-on engineer to maintain and support contract manufacturing of industry leading LED based lighting products. This position will work within cross functional groups consisting of engineering, supply chain, product development and global contract manufacturing partners to qualify and support high volume products in production.
A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able to work around technical obstacles and implement practical solutions. The Product Engineer is a core member of the Global Operations Engineering team and works with that team to realize world class manufacturing systems at both Cree and its partners.
- Monitor and maintain LED lighting products in global contract manufacturing locations.
- Identified as the local product expert on the Manufacturing team and will head-off challenges or issues in manufacturing with decisive decision making.
- Work directly with Program Management team to introduce and ramp new products and processes into production.
- Interface with component suppliers to evaluate second source components and resolve technical issues that may arise in manufacturing.
- Identify, initiate and implement continuous improvement solutions for process optimization, cost reduction, and yield enhancements across product lines in production.
- Provide training and support to contract manufacturing personnel to improve overall capabilities and knowledge.
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success.
- Support NPI builds onsite (domestic and international), ensuring build success.
- Analyses data to identify and resolve systemic process and performance issues, draft reports, execute scorecards and conclude build success and production readiness.
- Work with design engineering, suppliers and business partners to deliver consistently high-performing systems.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree is an aggressive, innovative, industry leading company. We provide a dynamic work environment, a world-class development team and the opportunity to incorporate your work into the best products on the market. We do great things and want great people to take part.
What can you do for Cree?
You can use your skills in facilitating the product introduction process, attention to detail and strong ability to define and execute objectives to accelerate our progress while ensuring safe, repeatable, and efficient processes.
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering with 3+ years of experience with product and or manufacturing system development.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding on how to assemble electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and ability to guide design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis to drive manufacturing decisions.
- Prior experience using DFM, FMEA, DOE, CTQs, and Control plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Work well independently towards achieving the goals of the group.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate handling of confidential information.
- Excellent electronics aptitude and ability.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused execution of tasks.
- Strong computer software skills and aptitude to learn new software.
- Attention to safety, quality, and performance.
- Self-Starter with sense of self-reliance and sense of urgency.
- Excellent work ethic with the understanding that excellence is a habit.
- Ability to identify potential safety and performance issues and eliminate them.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top