Product Engineer Manufacturing
The RF/Microwave Product Engineer working in the RF product engineering team will primarily focus on support of operations for the delivery of commercial and military end-use, GaN HEMT, RF semiconductor transistors, MMICs, and components in a medium to high volume manufacturing environment. This job includes interaction with product development, fab operations, package assembly, test, quality and sales teams to ensure a smooth transition from product development through manufacturing and shipments. A comprehensive understanding of RF component operation, assembly and test is a must as well as working knowledge of RF test equipment. Knowledge of DC and RF on-wafer probe testing and off-shore assembly and test experience is a plus.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- The opportunity to work for a technical leader SiC Power and GaN RF solutions
- Our company has a broad portfolio in growing markets, which provides good opportunities for career growth and experience
- Supporting advanced RF product designs and new technologies will advance your knowledge
- This role will provide the opportunity to be hands-on with regard to technical challenges
- Work with elite group of Design Engineers, Product Engineers and RF Test Engineers
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Perform duties of an RF Product Engineer that support a 24´7 RF Assembly and Test
- Responsible for test and data delivery of packaged transistors, die, and MMIC products
- Provide external customer support as required
- Drive yield enhancement and quality improvement for RF semiconductor products in a high volume manufacturing environment
- Develop methods, tools and processes to meet production yield targets and quality metrics
- Analysis of RF performance data trends for potential out of family excursions and required corrective action
- Provide product performance feedback to the fabrication area to support continuous improvement efforts
- Perform correlation of RF test yields to foundry PCM data and implement corrective action as required
- Support new product transfer into manufacturing via New Product Introduction (NPI) programs
- Drive cost reduction activities such as second sources qualification, yield enhancement, test time reduction, etc.
What you need for success:
- BSEE or MSEE
- 3 to 5 years of experience working as a Product Engineer for active RF components in a production environment
- Knowledge of automated RF test systems and RF measurements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong data analysis skills with the ability to trouble shoot and lead teams solving manufacturing issues
- Must have experience with group motivation and discipline skills
- Must have planning, risk management, and scheduling experience
- Ability thrive and respond in a fast paste environment
- Must be a US Citizen or green card holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Knowledge RF Amplifier designs
- In depth knowledge of JMP and script programing
- Programming experience with VB6, VB.NET, or C#.NET
- Experience working with hybrid RF assembly design and assembly process
- Experience with offshore assembly and RF electrical test methods
- Knowledge of RF wafer probe and DC wafer probe
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top