Product Engineer Manufacturing
In this position, you will be joining the RF Product Engineering Group with focus on production of GaN RF products for Wolfspeed (Cree’s Power & RF division). This position will assist in the process monitoring, data analysis, process integration and yield enhancement aspects of Wolfspeed's GaN HEMT product manufacturing.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product, Operation and Equipment teams to shape the future of our products and the Wafer Fab.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Monitor and drive improvements in yield, cycle time, and long term reliability for GaN production.
- Hold lot and low yielding lot disposition and product movement needed to meet revenue goals.
- Perform process experiments for yield improvements and to segment and identify yield detractors.
- Operation of electronic test equipment and utilization of computer software tools for data analysis.
- Document manufacturing process flows, requiring clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Documentation includes travelers, control plan, process flow spec, inspection requirements, and split lot instructions.
- Perform independently on routine assignments. Must be able to follow specific instructions to perform tasks that require a higher knowledge of engineering techniques in supporting GaN production requirements.
- Routine chart and data review for performance of production material.
- Mentoring, coaching and training of process technicians and operators.
- This position requires significant cleanroom time working in conjunction with Fab sustaining engineers.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics or other relevant Physical Science major.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Semiconductor Industry experience in a production environment.
- High level understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control.
- Able and willing to support 24/7 projects as needed.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Demonstrated understanding of the science and technology needed to fabricate semiconductor devices including ion implantation, oxide growth, diffusion, photolithography, wet and dry etch, thin film deposition and metal deposition.
- Good working knowledge of semiconductor device physics.
- Understanding of Failure analysis techniques (FIB, STEM, SIMS, EDS) to support root cause understanding of yield detractors.
- Ability to manage, in parallel, multiple technical tasks with different requirements and timelines.
- Familiarity with ANOVA, DOE principles, SPC techniques, JMP software, JMP scripting, Klarity, SQL.
- Coding experience.
- Experience in process integration or process development in a semiconductor fab.
- Semiconductor processing experience related to III-V or GaN RF power devices.
- RF test experience will be a large plus.
- Good understanding of semiconductor device fabrication, assembly, package and test.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top