Summary: Materials Business is seeking a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Product Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians. The candidate will be responsible for sustaining and improving processes to drive quality, yield, cost and through-put improvements.
- Process control for crystal growth, wafering, polish and surface prep processes.
- Define control parameters, develop and maintain monitoring systems to rapidly detect and act upon process variations
- Define and refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher yields, lower costs, higher flexibility, lower variation, and a safe work environment
- Apply good engineering practices to achieve continuous improvement
- Initiate, manage, and participate in projects to improve wafer quality and yield to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with R&D team to define, qualify, and transition processes from research through development and production
- Define, train, qualify, and lead process changes with salaried and hourly staff to insure repeatability, reproducibility, and control
- Candidate must have BS or MS in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
- Strong organizational and planning abilities, independent thinking, attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Excellent English language verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Front-end semiconductor processing experience (examples: wafering, polishing, grinding, defect inspection / analysis, epitaxial growth, lithography, plasma etch, metal deposition, ion implant)
- Familiarity with JMP or Spotfire
- Statistical process control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Excellent overall computer and analytical skills
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top