Process Technician--Wafer Department
The position will support development, engineering and manufacturing operations in the Wafering department to enable efficient processing of SiC wafers. This position will own the day to day activities such as on time completion of process and tool checks/calibrations, WIP disposition and Production support. A big portion of this role will also be focused on Continuous Improvement of existing processes to reduce cycle time, cost and improve yield.
This position is currently expected to work a 12-hour night shift, with OT hours depending on business conditions.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree is an aggressive, innovative, industry leading company. We provide a dynamic work environment, a world class development team and the opportunity to incorporate your work into the best products on the market. We do great things and want great people to take part.
What can you do for Cree?
- Perform calibrations and tool checks and ensure on time completion.
- Generate and monitor SPC charts for key metrics such as yields, cycle time and utilization.
- Perform IQC on inputs material for the department.
- Perform special processing of material as requested by Engineering and/or R&D.
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material.
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business
- Attain 100% certification on all processes in the department.
- Ensure that all EH&S safety policies are followed.
What you need for success:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or green card holder.
- Two-year technical degree preferred, or equivalent materials processing experience, or equivalent formal technical / military training.
- High energy, self-motivated, positive attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Willingness to learn additional computer skills such as JMP and/or AutoCAD
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top