Process Technician--Reliability Team
Cree currently has an open for a Process Technician within our Reliability and Characterization Lab at our Durham, NC headquarters and is looking for enthusiastic, hands-on candidates to join our exciting, fast-paced company. In this position, you will be working in our ISO:17025 LED Components Reliability and Characterization lab and be responsible for executing the variety of electrical and optical testing necessary to enable our success. This opening is for a 12 hour day shift.
- Learn and perform tasks related to the mechanical assembly, optical and electrical testing, and characterization of LEDs.
- Execute electrical, mechanical and photonic experiments according to written procedures to aid product development team in next generation packaged LED solutions.
- Collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations.
- Understand the complete process flow for reliability testing and understand the impact of failures to follow procedures
- Maintain our ISO:17025 Lab accreditation by ensuring quality and procedural compliance.
- Provide support to team members to investigate/resolve process issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
- Support equipment engineering on tool troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Associates degree in an engineering or technical field or equivalent experience
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Schedule: 12hr Day Shift
- Experience working on an automated assembly line
- Knowledge of photonic systems (e.g. spectrometers, photonic measurements and LED metrology) desired
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top