Process Technician--Crystal Growth
Cree currently has a job vacancy for a Process Technician to support and sustain manufacturing operations in the Crystal Growth department to enable the production of high-quality SiC crystals. This opening is for a 12 hour night shift.
In this role, the Technician will assume ownership of delegated departmental responsibilities and participate in continuous process improvement efforts. This position will be highly focused on grower process control and troubleshooting in addition to cross training on several other process areas and equipment.
- Work with engineering personnel to ensure process is robust & healthy.
- Work with equipment and process control parameters, troubleshoot problems.
- Characterize graphite in various forms with various testing.
- Provide technical assistance to CG Process Engineering, Process Development, and R&D groups.
- Attain 100% of the certifications in all operational procedures in department.
- Perform calibrations and tool checks. Generate and monitor process data charts for key equipment.
- Perform special processing of material.
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material.
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business.
- Two-year technical degree, or equivalent materials processing experience, or equivalent formal technical / military training. Preferrable degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- Mechanical engineering and/or equipment maintenance experience needed, preferably in large-scale manufacturing environment.
- High energy, self motivated, positive attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with co-workers of different backgrounds at every level of the company.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.“Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Prefer at least 1 year of the Crystal Growth Departmental experience.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top