Process Technician - Wafer Polish
This Process Technician will support development, engineering and manufacturing operations in the Polish and CMP department to enable efficient processing of SiC wafers. This position will own the day to day activities such as on time completion of process and tool checks/calibrations, WIP disposition and Production support. A big portion of this role will also be focused on Continuous Improvement of existing processes to reduce cycle time, cost and improve yield. This position is currently expected to work a 12-hour shift, working nights, with OT hours depending on business conditions.
- Perform calibrations and tool checks and ensure on time completion.
- Generate and monitor SPC charts for key metrics such as yields, cycle time and utilization.
- Perform IQC on inputs material for the department.
- Perform special processing of material as requested by Engineering and/or R&D.
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material.
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business
- Attain 100% certification on all processes in the department.
- Ensure that all EH&S safety policies are followed.
- Two-year technical degree preferred, or equivalent materials processing experience, or equivalent formal technical / military training.
- High energy, self motivated, positive attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Willingness to learn additional computer skills such as JMP and/or AutoCAD.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top