Process Technician - Surface Prep
We currently have a job opening for Process Technician on the wafer surface prep team, located in our Durham, NC headquarters.
This position will support development, engineering and sustaining manufacturing operations in Surface Prep department to enable the production of clean, high-quality SiC wafers. The candidate will own delegated departmental responsibilities and participate in continuous process improvement efforts. This position will be highly focused on monitoring process activities, material characterization and training/certifying operators on departmental procedures.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to work at leading Silicon Carbide Semiconductor company
- This role is a good entry into the engineering field and gives opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to work alongside engineering staff on Materials team
What can you do for Cree?
- Work with engineering personnel to ensure optimal process flow
- Provide technical assistance to Surface Prep Process Engineering, Process Development, and R&D groups
- Attain 100% of the certifications in all operational procedures in department
- Perform calibrations and tool checks. Generate and monitor SPC charts for key equipment
- Perform special processing of material
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business
What you need for success:
- Two-year technical degree preferred or equivalent materials processing experience or equivalent formal technical/military training
- Prefer 1 year of JMP and MES experience and at least 1 year of the Surface Prep Departmental experience
- High energy, self-motivated, positive attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail and ability to adjust to changing priorities and schedules
- Ability to work effectively and take initiative with little/continuous direct supervision
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Ability to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Familiar with basics of databases and statistical process control
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top