Process Technician - Power & RF Wafer Fab
Cree’s Wolfspeed division currently has a job vacancy for a Process Technician for our Power & RF Wafer Fab. This is a full-time vacancy, and will work in our Research Triangle Park, NC location.
The Power and RF team is looking for a Process Technician to provide Process Engineering support and work a 12-hour night shift schedule. Candidates should be self-motivated team players that are eager to assist and learn from the Engineering team as needed. Areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to, Photolithography, Etch, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implantation and backend processing.
- Process sustaining support. This will include, but not be limited to, tool qualifications, process monitoring through SPC, troubleshooting and reacting to process issues, dispositioning material, microscope inspections and many other tasks as requested.
- Areas of concentration will include Etch, Photolithography, Metal deposition, Diffusion, Wet Processing, Implant, NPI, DOE’s and backend processing.
- Define/refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher yield, lower costs, higher flexibility, and better reproducibility.
- Work closely with engineering team to develop and qualify new processes, and new tool sets. This will include characterizing, documenting and possibly presenting data based around designed experiments.
- Report and document process issues and equipment malfunctions. Take corrective action and interact with Process Engineers, Manufacturing & Equipment Maintenance to identify and resolve non-conformance process and equipment operations.
- Assist in creating new procedures, and refining previously existing ones.
- Assist in training operators on both existing and new tool sets and processes.
- Associates degree or at least 3 years of clean room experience.
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder.
- At least 2 years of semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- Able to work in clean room for extended periods.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts in a fast-paced environment on a night schedule.
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook).
- Team Player and able to multi task in several areas.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Strong 5S background and attention to detail.
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical documents.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top