Process Technician - Opto R&D
Shift: 12-hour Night
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Opto R&D group. This position will be responsible for working with a diverse team of engineers and technicians developing wafer fabrication processes that result in rapid time to market of new LED chip products.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role is a great entry into the engineering field.
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects.
- Opportunity to work alongside science and engineering staff in the research and development team.
What can you do for Cree?
- Learn and perform tasks related to the fabrication of LED chips.
- Learn all areas of the wafer fabrication process including, but not limited to, Photolithography, Metal Deposition, Wet and Dry Etch Processing, Wafer Thinning, and back-end processing.
- Carry out inspections and characterization tests on wafers and communicate results to the team.
- Execute and assist in the design of experiments to aid the product development team in next generation LED solutions.
- Collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations.
- Understand complete process flow for product line. Must have the ability to communicate procedures for tool sets and can use observation skills to make adjustments on tools.
- Assist in creating documentation for new procedures and work instructions after process development is completed, and assist in training production operators on new processes.
- Provide support to team members to investigate/resolve processing issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
- Support equipment engineering on tool troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
What you need for success:
- Associates degree in engineering or science OR at least 2 years working in a technical role
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Strong computer skills and MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) experience required
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Able to work in a cleanroom for an extended time
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- BS degree in a relevant engineering or science field
- Experience working in a high-volume semiconductor manufacturing environment
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top