Process Technician - LED Reliability Lab
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to support the Solid State Lighting Reliability and Characterization Lab. You will support both the high volume manufacturing of solid state lighting solutions as well as participate in the development of new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
- Support daily operations in the LED Components Reliability and Characterization Lab
- Support reliability activities including the following: Operate and maintain environmental chambers, reflow components onto reliability boards, remove boards from chambers and complete electrical and optical measurements, perform visual inspections, complete preliminary failure analysis of chips and packages.
- Support characterization activities including the following: x-ray, thermal resistance, thermal imaging, far field, thermal measurements.
- Help to maintain equipment: Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks/ PMs and perform initial troubleshooting of process equipment.
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately. Document work using existing application and worksheets.
- Complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and equipment personnel.Position Requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude & have demonstrated a high level of dependability
- Must have flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be able to work on a microscope performing inspections.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- AA or BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years of semiconductor or package product/process development preferred. Where applicable, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Experience with manufacturing, preferably semiconductor.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top