Process Technician - LED Products
We currently have a vacancy for a Process Technician in our LED Products Pilot Line group. This role will be responsible for developing high power LED assembly processes that result in rapid time to market of new products.
- Learn and perform tasks related to the mechanical assembly, optical and electrical testing, and characterization of LEDs.
- Execute electrical, mechanical and photonic experiments to aid product development team in next generation packaged LED solutions.
- Collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations.
- Understand complete assembly process flow for product line. Must have the ability to communicate procedures for tool sets and can use observation skills to make adjustments on tools.
- Responsible for creating documentation for new procedures and work instructions after process development is completed.
- Provide support to team members to investigate/resolve processing issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
- Support equipment engineering on tool troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
- Experience working on an automated assembly line
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks required
- MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access experience required
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- AS or BS degree desired
- Knowledge of photonic systems (e.g. spectrometers, photonic measurements and LED metrology) desired
- Knowledge in die attach, wire bond, and encapsulation processes
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top