Process Technician - LED Packaging
Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to become a member of the R & D team responsible for the development, design, and fabrication of LED package solutions for customers.
- Support daily operations in the LED Packaging Lab
- Support packaging activities such as die attach, wire bonding and encapsulation
- Support characterization/measurement activities for packaged LEDs and materials
- Help maintain process and measurement equipment
- Assist with initial troubleshooting of process equipment
- Complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately
- Document work using existing application and worksheets
- AA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- 0-5 years of package product/process development or materials development preferred.
- Able to handle materials used in LEDs including silicones, epoxies and phosphor
- Excellent manual dexterity to work with small parts under a microscope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and demonstrated high level of dependability
- Flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with physical sciences laboratory equipment and techniques
Mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top