Process Technician - Crystal Growth
This position will support development and sustain manufacturing operations in the Crystal Growth department to enable the production of clean, high-quality SiC crystals. Assume ownership of delegated departmental responsibilities and participate in continuous process improvement efforts. This position will be highly focused on input process activities including material characterization in addition to cross training on several other process areas and equipment
This position will work on a 12 hour night shift rotation however shift flexibility is required. The pay rate for this position is $15 - $18 per hour and is dependent on experience and education.
- Work with engineering & scientist personnel to ensure optimal process.
- Characterize graphite in various forms with various testing.
- Handling and working safely with acid for characterization of input material.
- Provide technical assistance to CG Process Engineering, Process Development, and R&D groups.
- Attain 100% of the certifications in all operational procedures in department.
- Perform calibrations and tool checks. Generate and monitor SPC charts for key equipment.
- Perform IQC on inputs material for the department.
- Perform special processing of material.
- Handle dispositions of non-conforming material.
- Take on project work supporting the efforts of the departmental engineers.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business.
- Two-year technical degree preferred or equivalent materials processing experience or equivalent formal technical / military training
- Prefer 1 year of AutoCAD experience
- Prefer at least 1 year of the Crystal Growth Departmental experience
- High energy, self motivated, positive attitude with strong communication skills, and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work effectively and take initiative with little continuous direct supervision
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude. “Do whatever it takes” work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Ability to handle sudden changes in daily priorities
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Familiar with the basics of databases and statistical process control
Candidates subject to criminal background check and pre-employment drug test.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top