This position in the Solid State Lighting group will be responsible for developing high power LED assembly processes that result in rapid time to market of new products.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role is a good entry into the engineering field
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to work alongside engineering staff in the research and development team.
What can you do for Cree?
- Learn and perform tasks related to the mechanical assembly, optical and electrical testing, and characterization of LEDs.
- Execute electrical, mechanical and photonic experiments to aid product development team in next generation packaged LED solutions.
- Collect data, analyze results, and issue recommendations.
- Understand complete assembly process flow for product line. Must have the ability to communicate procedures for tool sets and can use observation skills to make adjustments on tools.
- Responsible for creating documentation for new procedures and work instructions after process development is completed.
- Provide support to team members to investigate/resolve processing issues and suggest solutions to prevent future occurrence
- Support equipment engineering on tool troubleshooting and preventative maintenance.
What you need for success:
- Experience working on an automated assembly line
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Ability to conduct multiple tasks required
- MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access experience required
- Good communication skills required, both written and oral
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions
- Must have excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude.
- AS or BS degree desired
- Knowledge of photonic systems (e.g. spectrometers, photonic measurements and LED metrology) desired
- Knowledge in die attach, wire bond, and encapsulation processes
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top