Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to become a member of the R & D team responsible for the development, design, and fabrication of LED package solutions for customers.
- Support daily operations in the LED Packaging Lab
- Support packaging activities such as die attach, wire bonding and encapsulation
- Support characterization/measurement activities for packaged LEDs and materials
- Help maintain process and measurement equipment
- Assist with initial troubleshooting of process equipment
- Complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately
- Document work using existing application and worksheets
- AA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- 0-5 years of package product/process development or materials development preferred.
- Able to handle materials used in LEDs including silicones, epoxies and phosphor
- Excellent manual dexterity to work with small parts under a microscope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to follow verbal and written work instructions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude and demonstrated high level of dependability
- Flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice
- Able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with physical sciences laboratory equipment and techniques
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top