Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on technician to support the Solid State Lighting Reliability and Characterization Lab. You will support both the high volume manufacturing of solid state lighting solutions as well as participate in the development of new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
What can Cree do for you?
- This role is a good entry into the engineering field
- You will have the opportunity to gain diversified development experience working on multiple projects
- Opportunity to work alongside engineering staff in the research and development team.
What can you do for Cree?
- Support daily operations in the LED Components Reliability and Characterization Lab
- Support reliability activities including the following: Operate and maintain environmental chambers, reflow components onto reliability boards, remove boards from chambers and complete electrical and optical measurements, perform visual inspections, complete preliminary failure analysis of chips and packages.
- Support characterization activities including the following: x-ray, thermal resistance, thermal imaging, far field, thermal measurements.
- Help to maintain equipment: Perform daily, weekly and monthly checks/ PMs and perform initial troubleshooting of process equipment.
- Summarize and communicate findings accurately. Document work using existing application and worksheets.
- Complete tasks and find new ones in a timely fashion.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and equipment personnel.
What you need for success:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude & have demonstrated a high level of dependability
- Must have flexible work schedule and the ability to work overtime on short notice.
- Must be able to work on a microscope performing inspections.
- Must be able to work in a clean room environment.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- AA or BS degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years of semiconductor or package product/process development preferred. Where applicable, recent graduates encouraged to apply.
- Experience with manufacturing, preferably semiconductor.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top