Process Sustaining Engineer - Etch
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Gain exposure on a variety of tool types and processes
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work cross functionally with different areas with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Sustain and improve processes for LED, POWER, and RF device fabrication.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool
availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Create and maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- 2+ yrs. Wafer Fab Engineering Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- Working knowledge of Wafer Fab Processes.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing. Standard work week will be either Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship by the Company.
- In-depth technical understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment.
- Specific experience with Etch processes.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods including model-based, 8D, fishbone, and 5 whys.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See Inside the Office of Cree
Cree believes in better light and is leading the way toward a more efficient, sustainable future by producing innovative LED lighting and semiconductor solutions for homes, businesses, and beyond. The company also pioneers new technologies and explores how best to improve what’s already introduced with smart-technology integrations. The company’s mission and achievements aren’t just shining—they’re beaming.
Back to top