Process Engineer Sustaining, Wafer Fabrication
The engineer chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree's LED fab sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
- Sustain and improve processes for LED device fabrication.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Create and maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor etch processes and general plasma properties.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing including second shift. Standard work week will be either Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Wafer Fab Engineering Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- Semiconductor processing experience either wet or dry etch process equipment.
- Technical understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Consistent history of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top