Process Engineer Sustaining, Package & Test
JOB DESCRIPTION – Process Engineer Sustaining - Package and Test
The primary responsibility of this position is to sustain process ownership for the Die Singulation process in the backend manufacturing facility for Cree’s LED Chips business. This includes integration and transition of new products, new technologies, and new processes from R&D team. A successful candidate will be able to drive improvements in the yield and quality of the Die Singulation process.
- Integrate and qualify new processes and equipment into production
- Sustain yield and quality for products running in the manufacturing line
- Apply good engineering practices to improve process capability
- Interact with engineers, technicians, and scientists to develop, sustain and improve package and test department processes
- Interact with and transfer products and processes to Cree’s backend manufacturing plant in China
- Interface with Manufacturing and Operations team to support production delivery needs
- Partner with Product Engineering Team to review yield and quality metrics
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations of process engineering
- BS in engineering, with greater than one year experience in semiconductor manufacturing
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis include SPC and DOE principles
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access experience required
- Flexible work schedule
- Understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment in Wafer Fabrication / backend testing
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Must have a “do whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done
- MS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering, with greater than three year experience in semiconductor manufacturing
- In-depth technical understanding of semiconductor manufacturing equipment
- Strong self-motivation and project management experience
- Experience leading cross functional teams to solve problems and implement new processes and equipment
- Willing and able to travel internationally (1-2 times / year)
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top