Process Engineer Sustaining- MOCVD Epitaxy
This position is part of an Engineering team responsible for the development and improvement of MOCVD epitaxial growth for Power and RF products.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunities to apply creative problem solving, and see those solutions implemented in large scale projects.
- Encouraged to think innovatively in a dynamic environment.
- Opportunity to work in a quickly evolving market at a leader in the industry.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Set-up, scheduling, and evaluation of development and production runs
- Data driven process decision making based on timely and thorough data analysis
- Define control parameters, develop and maintain monitoring systems to rapidly detect and act upon process variations
- Provide contributions to process improvement through tracking process parameters and troubleshooting process and equipment problems
- Yield improvement through identification and elimination of yield limiters
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of process technicians and operators
- Employ appropriate semiconductor metrology tools and Statistical Process Control (SPC) principles to reduce variability in product performance
- Inter-departmental communication. Daily interaction with upstream and downstream departments and weekly written summaries
- Equipment troubleshooting and repair
What you need for success:
- BS degree in Physics, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or Chemical Engineering
- Must be a US Citizen or green card holder
- Able and willing to support 24X7 projects, flexibility to work off-shift as needed
- Able to make individual contributions while staying focused on the goals of the group
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules to keep production on-track
- Strong attention to detail
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Thin film deposition or epitaxy experience
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of SPC and experimental design
- Strong mechanical aptitude/troubleshooting ability
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top