Process Engineer Sustaining, Metrology
The engineer chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree's LED fab sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
- Sustain and improve processes for LED device fabrication focusing on process metrology.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve measurement quality, cycle time, tool availability, and drive cost reductions.
- Create and maintain both operating and preventative maintenance specifications for metrology processes and equipment.
- Partner with facilities, operations, and manufacturing engineering teams to maintain / improve quality of cleanroom environment.
- Manage a fab 5S program and drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- Working knowledge of semiconductor metrology processes and associated measurement concepts.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing. Standard work week will be dayshift either Sunday - Thursday or Tuesday - Saturday.
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Wafer Fab Engineering Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- Experience with measurement systems analysis concepts such as Gage R&R, linearity, and bias.
- Technical understanding of semiconductor metrology equipment including profilometers, 4 point probes, stress evaluation, and optical property based measurement tools.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Consistent history of continuous process improvement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of quality concepts such as 8D, FMEA and 5S.
- Working knowledge of statistics and application towards semiconductor processing.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top