Process Engineer Sustaining - LED Wafer Fabrication
The engineer chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree's LED fab sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
Shift: 2nd Shift + one weekend day (Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday schedule)
- Sustain and improve processes for LED device fabrication.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Interface with product engineering and R&D to ensure manufacturable processes and designs.
- Create and maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or Equivalent.
- 1+ yrs Wafer Fab Experience.
- Experience in one of the following areas: Photo, Etch, CVD, or Metallization
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or Equivalent.
- 3+ yrs Wafer Fab Engineering Experience.
- In-depth technical understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top