Process Engineer Sustaining - LED Fab Metal Deposition
Cree is looking to add a Process Sustaining Engineer to our Production team at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. The engineer chosen for this position will be a key member of Cree's LED Fab Metals sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
Shift: Desired shift for this role is either 1st shift + one weekend day (Sunday – Thursday or Tuesday – Saturday Schedule) or 1st shift Monday - Friday.
- Sustain and improve metals deposition and post deposition processes for LED device fabrication.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Create and maintain operating specifications for production processes and equipment.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- Working knowledge of metal deposition and associated processes.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in support of 24x7 manufacturing.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- 5+ yrs. Wafer Fab Engineering Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- In-depth technical understanding of semiconductor processes and equipment.
- Specific experience with metal deposition methods, processes and equipment as well as bonding and annealing experience.
- Experience with thickness and metal film analysis/measurement tools and sampling strategies.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE)
- Experience with structured problem-solving methods including model-based, 8D, fishbone, and 5 whys.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top