Process Engineer Sustaining
Summary: Materials Business is seeking a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Process Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians. The candidate will be responsible for sustaining and improving processes to drive quality, yield, cost and through-put improvements.
- Provide ownership and troubleshooting assistance for SiC manufacturing processes (crystal growth) and equipment that improve quality, yield, productivity or cost
- Define control parameters, develop and maintain monitoring systems to rapidly detect and act upon process variations
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to the planning and design of new products, improving manufacturing methods and initiating changes for cost effectiveness
- Work on several projects simultaneously and successfully in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Provide data analysis and understanding of the SiC manufacturing using databases and data analysis tools
- Apply good engineering practices to achieve continuous improvement
- Establish procedures and qualification plan for bringing new processes on line
- Candidate must have BS or MS in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational and planning abilities, independent thinking, attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work several projects simultaneously and have successfully demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
- Excellent English language verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Front-end semiconductor processing experience (examples: wafering, polishing, grinding)
- Familiarity with JMP or Spotfire
- Statistical process control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent MS Office skills and analytical skills
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top