Process Engineer Sustaining, Crystal Growth
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide ownership and troubleshooting assistance for SiC manufacturing processes and equipment that improve quality, yield, productivity or cost
- Define control parameters, develop and maintain monitoring systems to rapidly detect and act upon process variations
- Develop solutions to problems utilizing formal education, statistical knowledge, and problem-solving tools.
- Responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to the planning and design of new products, improving manufacturing methods and initiating changes for cost effectiveness
- Work on several projects simultaneously and successfully in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Provide data analysis and understanding of the SiC manufacturing using databases and data analysis tools
- Apply good engineering practices to achieve continuous improvement
- Establish procedures and qualification plan for bringing new processes on line
- Candidate must have BS or MS in Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- 2+ years of relevant semiconductor or graphite application experience
- Self-starter with “whatever it takes” attitude.
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with an ability to interface effectively with personnel at different levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to make individual contributions while staying focused on the group goals.
- Strong organizational and planning abilities, independent thinking, attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with DOE principles, SPC techniques and JMP software. JMP scripting is a plus.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top