Process Engineer Sustaining
Summary: Materials Business is seeking a high potential, resourceful, hands-on, problem solving Process Engineer with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical challenges. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced, deadline-oriented manufacturing environment and work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians. The candidate will be responsible for sustaining and improving processes to drive quality, yield, cost and through-put improvements.
- Own manufacturing processes for wafer preparation processes ensuring capable and in control (sawing/grinding/polishing)
- Define control parameters, develop and maintain monitoring systems to rapidly detect and act upon process variations
- Define and refine methods to increase process repeatability and control to achieve higher quality, lower costs, and a safe work environment
- Apply good engineering practices to achieve continuous improvement
- Initiate, manage, and participate in projects to improve wafer quality and yield to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with R&D team to define, qualify, and transition processes from research through development and production
- Candidate must have BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Ceramics Engineering, Materials Engineering, or related field
- 2 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong organizational and planning abilities, independent thinking, attention to detail, and excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work several projects simultaneously and have successfully demonstrated success in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment.
- High energy, self motivated attitude with strong communication skills and ability to interface effectively with coworkers of different backgrounds at every level of the company
- Excellent English language verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Front-end semiconductor processing experience (examples: wafering, polishing, grinding)
- Familiarity with JMP or Spotfire
- Statistical process control experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent MS Office skills and analytical skills
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top