Process Engineer Sustaining
The primary responsibility of this position is to sustain process ownership for the Automated Visual Inspection (known as ILM, AVI, or AOI) processes in the manufacturing facility for Cree’s LED Chips business. A successful candidate will be able to drive improvements in yield and quality through effective inspection process control.
- Integrate and qualify new inspections and inspection equipment into production
- Sustain yield and quality of automated inspections for products running in the manufacturing line
- Apply good engineering practices to improve inspection process capability
- Interact with engineers, technicians, and scientists to develop, sustain and improve inspection processes
- Interact with and transfer inspection processes to Cree’s backend manufacturing plant in China
- Interface with Manufacturing and Operations team to support production delivery needs
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive improvements and recommendations to operations of process engineering
- BS in engineering
- 2+ years of experience with automated optical inspection systems or image processing.
- MS Excel, MS Word and MS Access experience required
- Flexible work schedule including periodic weekend coverage.
- Understanding of semiconductor processes in Wafer Fabrication or backend testing
- High energy, self-motivated attitude with strong communication skills and an ability to interface effectively with people of different backgrounds and at every level of the organization
- Must have a “do whatever it takes” attitude to get the job done
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis including SPC and DOE principles
- MS in Electrical, Chemical, Materials Science, or Mechanical Engineering, with greater than three year experience in semiconductor manufacturing or testing
- Experience leading cross functional teams to solve problems and implement new processes and equipment
- Willing and able to travel internationally (1-2 times / year) to Cree’s China factory.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Ability and desire to assume a technical leadership role within the organization
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top