Process Engineer Sustaining
The Cree Power & RF team is looking for a Process Engineer to provide process and equipment ownership in our Silicon Carbide (SiC) Wafer Fab located in Research Triangle Park, NC. This position will be responsible for sustaining, improving and growing a set of processes in a 24 x 7 manufacturing environment.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow.
- This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product, Operation and Equipment teams to shape the future of our products and the Wafer Fab.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Process and Equipment ownership of toolsets related to a subset of the following: Thin film deposition, dry etch, diffusion, thermal anneal, and wet processing (both manual and automated).
- Responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to achieving quarterly yield, cycle time, equipment uptime, SPC and cost improvement goals. Work with team to develop, qualify and release 150mm line.
- Work closely with Product Engineering team to drive yield & cycle time improvements.
- Work closely with R&D teams on process improvement and future development.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of process technicians.
- Upkeep & document creation related to process and equipment ownership.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or other relevant Physical Science major.
- Semiconductor Industry experience in a production environment.
- High level understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control.
- Must be a team player and have a “whatever it takes” approach.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the semiconductor Industry.
- 2+ years of experience as a Process Engineer and Equipment owner.
- Strong base knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements manage change & implement solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of DOE principles and data analysis.
- JMP or equivalent software experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top