Process Development Engineer
We are looking for a high potential, resourceful, hands-on individual for the role of a Development Engineer in the New Product Introduction Team within our Materials Business group. This position will be responsible for the evaluation and qualification of new products/processes related to silicon carbide substrates. Strong analytical and communication skills to quickly grasp and resolve technical challenges are necessary to enable successful execution of both new process development and improvement of existing processes in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. This position will be stationed at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility
- Exposure to the entire NPI platform from the initial product definition through the final phase of product release
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop processes and controls for SiC manufacturing to improve quality, cost and throughput
- Establish procedures and qualification plan for bringing new processes online
- Provide data analysis and understanding of the SiC manufacturing processes as a whole
- Perform capability, repeatability and cost analysis on processes to document new and existing processes/products
- Work on several projects, simultaneously and successfully, in complete process ownership within a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Work to establish practices which include employees’ positive involvement with opportunity for constructive input and action
- Establish accountability for problem solving and cost reduction, both on a permanent and ad-hoc basis, depending on need
- Encourage use of new techniques and focus on fact-based problem solving
- Support downstream customers and new product development
What you need for success:
- BS in Materials, Manufacturing, or Chemical Engineering, Ceramics, Electrical, Physical or related technical field
- 5+ years of related experience
- Independent thinking, attention to detail, strong organizational and planning abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Documentation and statistical data analysis skills and experience
- Experience in training others to properly perform new processes
- Strong leadership skills, high energy, self motivated attitude with an ability to work constructively with a team of manufacturing personnel, engineers and technicians
- Self-starter with “whatever it takes” attitude
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS or PhD Degree
- Experience with new product introduction
- Wafer processing experience including, but not limited to grinding, polishing, metrology and cleaning technologies is a plus
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top