Process Development Engineer, Components
We currently have an opening for a New Grad Process Development Engineer within our LED Components R&D group at our headquarters in Durham, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
Shift: 2nd+ One Weekend Day (2:00pm-12:00am; Tues-Sat OR Sun-Thurs)
What can Cree do for you?
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop LED chips and components for solid-state lighting. You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop and transfer into production new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
What can you do for Cree?
Successful candidates will be self motivated, hands-on, strong aptitude for learning new skills, and resourceful problem-solvers with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems.
If you are someone who loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Able to make individual contributions, but stay focused on the goals of the group.
- Ability to manage /complete multiple projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules.
- Able to gather data and interpret results to support continuous process improvement.
- Thrives in high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to both make and follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Strong attention to details and problem solving abilities.
- Willing and able to provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and knowledge.
- Able to develop, test, and document workable procedures presented at a level suitable for the intended users.
- Flexible work schedule to support 24 x 7 development and manufacturing
- BS/MS in Materials Science, Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or other technical field
- 0-5 years of semiconductor/package product process development preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Solid understanding of solid state physics and fundamentals of materials science
- Experience with different packaging tool platforms and process development (e.g. wire bonding, die attach, encapsulation, optical and electrical testing, etc.).
- Familiarity with optical measurements and analysis
- Familiarity with software languages
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top