Process Development Engineer, Components
Cree currently has an opening for a Development Engineer within our LED Components R&D group at our headquarters in Durham, NC. In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop materials for LED components for use in solid state lighting. You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop and transfer materials and technology into production for new LED based solid state products.We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
What can you do for Cree?
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, hands-on, with a strong aptitude for learning new skills, and resourceful problem-solvers with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems.
If you are someone who loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Able to make individual contributions, but stay focused on the goals of the group.
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules and communicate these changes effectively to a team
- Able to gather data and interpret results to support continuous process improvement.
- Able to both make and follow verbal and written work instructions.
- Strong attention to details and problem solving abilities.
- Willing and able to provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and knowledge.
- Able to develop, test, and document workable procedures presented at a level suitable for the intended users.
- Flexible work schedule to support 24 x 7 development and manufacturing
- BS/MS in Ceramic, Materials or Chemical Sciences/Engineering
- 0 – 3 years’ experience in semiconductor process or materials development (Recent graduates encouraged to apply)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with powder materials development, processing, handling and characterization
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools such as MS Access, JMP and Excel
- Familiarity with phosphors (properties and characterization techniques)
- Knowledge of LED sources, packages and materials
Interest Points: Internship or Co-op, semiconductor or manufacturing exposure, process improvements, data analysis
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top