Process Development Engineer
The LED Lighting Revolution will not come to life on its own; people, corporations and institutions are the LED Lighting Revolutionaries. Creating light consumes energy. The least expensive, most secure and cleanest energy is the energy that is not used. At Cree, we are pioneering the LED Lighting Revolution by showing the world what is possible when market leading LED products, technology and engineering innovation are combined.
Now is your chance to join the revolution. Imagine your impact on the world’s energy resources as you help us create new LED lighting products that will reduce the damaging effects of energy inefficiency on our economies and environments. When you join Cree, not only will you be helping to realize energy efficient lighting products in every country, city and home but you’ll find yourself in a fast-paced and satisfying work environment where your keen intelligence and top-notch work ethic will make you an integral member of our cutting edge engineering teams.
Are you a revolutionary? We currently have an opening for a Process Development Engineer within our Components R&D group at our headquarters in Durham, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to develop LED components for solid-state lighting. You will work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to develop and transfer into production new LED-based solid state lighting products and processes.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated, hands-on, strong aptitude for learning new skills, and resourceful problem-solvers with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical issues through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems.
If you are someone who loves a fast-paced environment and enjoys solving highly complex technical problems, then we encourage you to read through the next two sections which describe the type of experience and education we’re looking for.
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic. Must have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Able to make individual contributions, but stay focused on the goals of the group
- Able to adjust to changing priorities and schedules.
- Able to gather data and interpret results to support continuous process improvement.
- Thrives in high-pressure, deadline-oriented environment.
- Able to both make and follow verbal and written work instructions. • Strong attention to details and problem solving abilities.
- Willing and able to provide training to other Cree personnel where appropriate to improve over-all capabilities and knowledge.
- Able to develop, test, and document workable procedures presented at a level suitable for the intended users.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Optics, or other technical field
- Experience with ISO/TS 16949, Mil Spec, AEC-Q101, USCARR33 or similar quality standards
- Experience with optical and/or thermal modeling
- 0-5 years of semiconductor or package product/process development preferred.
- In-depth technical understanding of packaging and/or semiconductor processes and equipment
- Practical working experience of LED technologies
- Willing/able to learn and perform as necessary all tasks related to automated and manual LED assembly processes. (e.g. wirebond, die attach, encapsulation, etc.).
- Efficient use of Data analysis tools such as JMP, Excel, and VBA
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel - both domestic and international.
If you think you can find a home as one of our LED Lighting Revolutionaries, then apply online. We actually do look at every resume and will get in touch with you directly if we think you’ve got what it takes. The process will take only 5-10 minutes, and our recruiting team will contact you within one week if we are interested in discussing this opportunity further.
Stay in touch with us…
- Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CreeCareers & http://twitter.com/Cree
- Like us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CreeLEDRevolution
- Connect with us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/Cree
- Watch us on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CreeInc
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top