Process Development Engineer
This job opportunity is for an experienced Process Engineer with a thorough and detailed understanding of, and experience with, a wide range of electronics packaging processes in a manufacturing environment. The candidate needs to be familiar with wire bonding, solder attach, polymer encapsulation/potting, wafer dicing, etc., while also having critical volume manufacturing expertise in at least one of the process areas.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Opportunity to apply technical leadership skills in an organization with the highest performing SiC power devices and modules in the world
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Work on a wide range of high performance products in cross-discipline teams
- Join an elite performing group with the opportunity to work with the best of the best
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Develop electronics packaging production processes such as wire bonding, die attach, vacuum reflow soldering, dicing, etching, potting, curing, etc.
- Provide technical and engineering support to the manufacturing team
- Develop and conducts statistical analysis such as Design of Experiments (DOE) and Statistical Process Control (SPC) targeting process optimization and high yield process controls for specific electronics packaging manufacturing processes
- Recommend and implement equipment and process modifications to improve production efficiencies, manufacturing techniques and production yields for existing products and processes – lead and/or assist in setting up such equipment
- Interact with product design engineers to ensure that processes and designs are compatible and optimized for future products
What you need for success:
- This is a technical engineering position and requires a BS Engineering degree. Applicants with an M.S. or Ph.D. degree will also be given strong consideration.
- >5 years electronics processing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Candidate must be a US citizen or Green Card holder
- Experience with hands-on use of laboratory equipment, processing equipment, building prototypes, etc.
- Knowledge of advanced packaging materials
- Experience with many of the following processes: wire bond interconnects, vacuum solder reflow attaches, brazing, epoxies, power substrates, laser processing, hermetic seam sealing, ceramic/metal packages, electrolytic and electroless plating, CNC machining
- Technical project planning experience
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. verbal, written, and presentation)
- Excellent team player
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Knowledge of new state-of-the-art devices such as SiC JFETs, MOSFETs, TMOS, thyristors, Schottky Diodes, etc.
- Experience working in a cleanroom environment (Class 1000 or better)
- Experience in several of the following areas: power electronics/modules packaging processes, tools, and equipment, statistical analysis tools and software, engineering design tools such as SolidWorks, COMSOL, ANSYS, etc., mechanical and/or electrical systems.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top