Process Development Engineer
We currently have an opening for a New Grad Process Development Engineer within our LED Components R&D Group at our headquarters facility in Raleigh/Durham, NC. Cree is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on engineer to become a member of the R&D Team and help drive Cree’s leadership in a wide variety of LED products. The successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver with the capacity to quickly grasp and resolve a wide range of technical problems through the implementation of practical solutions to complicated problems.
- In this job, you will:
- Conduct experimental work to improve and develop LED chips and Components for solid-state lighting
- Design and develop new products and processes
- Analyze data using sound statistical methodology to drive developments, improvements and recommendations
- As a member of the Development Team, you will interact with a wide range of functional groups including R&D, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Facilities, Applications, and Marketing.
- Self-starter with a strong personal work ethic, sense of ownership, and a “whatever it takes” attitude who will drive projects through to completion.
- Strong attention to details.
- Summarize data and communicate findings quickly.
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and schedules in order to keep projects and commitments on-track.
- Provide flexibility for 24x7 technical support for critical issues.
- BS in Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant Physical Science major.
- No experience is required; recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Strong mechanical aptitude/troubleshooting ability.
- Strong computer and data analysis skills.
- MS in Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, or other relevant Physical Science major.
- 3 to 5 years experience in semiconductor manufacturing, reliability testing or device characterization is preferred but not required.
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, SAS JMP, Excel, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of SPC and DOE principles and methods.
- Experience in semiconductor device and/or failure analysis.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top